Swimming weird. Should I be concerned?

My glofish danio has been swimming weird lately and I’m wondering if I’m rightfully concerned or just paranoid? Instead of just using her tail fin in (almost) isolation she wriggles her whole body side to side a noticeable amount. It’s not horrible just looks like she’s having a bit of a harder time swimming. Should I be concerned? I’ve attached some pictures, but i wish I could attach a video.

Attachments

• 1D2D3154-F19A-4043-800F-0C193DEDEEDD.jpeg
    1D2D3154-F19A-4043-800F-0C193DEDEEDD.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 32
  • BF8DD1CB-49D1-4106-9E27-04EE22B67A5D.jpeg
    BF8DD1CB-49D1-4106-9E27-04EE22B67A5D.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 31
Solution
Yes there are five other danios. They don’t exactly school though? They kind of all have their own little places they swim in, sometimes chasing others around, sometimes one or two will school. But they only school at night, when the light turns off they all gather. And then when I’ve added new fish they school. There is a male danio that chases around most of the others, sometimes he gets chased around by the bigger female. So basically, yes I have more danios, I know fish swim that way, buy something seems off? I don’t know I’ve had some fish die recently so maybe I’m just paranoid?? I don’t know how to attach a video
I think that your fish is probably fine. If you really want you could dose with some meds. I would just wait tho.
My glofish danio has been swimming weird lately and I’m wondering if I’m rightfully concerned or just paranoid? Instead of just using her tail fin in (almost) isolation she wriggles her whole body side to side a noticeable amount. It’s not horrible just looks like she’s having a bit of a harder time swimming. Should I be concerned? I’ve attached some pictures, but i wish I could attach a video.
Are there any other danios? She could be stressed if she doesn't have other danios with her. That is how fish normally swim tho. You can attach a video.

Upvote 0
Yes there are five other danios. They don’t exactly school though? They kind of all have their own little places they swim in, sometimes chasing others around, sometimes one or two will school. But they only school at night, when the light turns off they all gather. And then when I’ve added new fish they school. There is a male danio that chases around most of the others, sometimes he gets chased around by the bigger female. So basically, yes I have more danios, I know fish swim that way, buy something seems off? I don’t know I’ve had some fish die recently so maybe I’m just paranoid?? I don’t know how to attach a video

Upvote 0
I think that your fish is probably fine. If you really want you could dose with some meds. I would just wait tho.

Upvote 0
Solution

Latest threads

Top Bottom