swimming in circles

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by swoozypoo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. swoozypooNew MemberMember

My white mollie has developed a brownish/green area along her whole back from head to tail (not sides&belly though) Even the black markings that shes always had on her top fin seem darker) Her tail is curved off to one side and she is swimming in circles. I put her in the net and fed her and she ate like she was starving. Right not I have her in a salt bath. Any ideas as to what is wrong with her? And what to do?

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Not a clue. Keep us posted on any changes you see so we can have more clues as to what's wrong! ;)

3. swoozypooNew MemberMember

well, she's still alive today. She is still swimming in a circle (like a boat w/one oar). She looks tired so her tail is hanging down a little more but she's still trying to move around. Currently she's in another salt bath. Today is day 3 so I'm gonna add another dose of maracide in case that colored are on top of her is parasites. I don't know what's wrong. In case it was swim bladder I tried to feed her pieces of a pea....they sank and she didn't follow. In a way she acts like she can't see but if I put my hand near the tank she moves away so I think she can. We'll see I guess..... :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice