swimming in circles

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by swoozypoo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. swoozypoo

swoozypooNew MemberMember

My white mollie has developed a brownish/green area along her whole back from head to tail (not sides&belly though) Even the black markings that shes always had on her top fin seem darker) Her tail is curved off to one side and she is swimming in circles. I put her in the net and fed her and she ate like she was starving. Right not I have her in a salt bath. Any ideas as to what is wrong with her? And what to do?

2. Gunnie

GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Not a clue. Keep us posted on any changes you see so we can have more clues as to what's wrong! ;)

3. OP
    OP
    swoozypoo

swoozypooNew MemberMember

well, she's still alive today. She is still swimming in a circle (like a boat w/one oar). She looks tired so her tail is hanging down a little more but she's still trying to move around. Currently she's in another salt bath. Today is day 3 so I'm gonna add another dose of maracide in case that colored are on top of her is parasites. I don't know what's wrong. In case it was swim bladder I tried to feed her pieces of a pea....they sank and she didn't follow. In a way she acts like she can't see but if I put my hand near the tank she moves away so I think she can. We'll see I guess..... :(