Swimming High

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My school of corys have been swimming alot on the higher region of the water and rarely are on the bottom. I have 4 as of right now for about a week. Is this normal? I am not worried, just curious as I would like to know whats going on because I thought they mostly stayed towards the bottom. They constantly are swimming up and down and all around.

bluedreams21

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If they're new, they might just be surfing the glass. I'm not sure why they do this, but it's fairly normal for them to do it for a week or two as they get used to their new surroundings.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
bluedreams21 said:
If they're new, they might just be surfing the glass. I'm not sure why they do this, but it's fairly normal for them to do it for a week or two as they get used to their new surroundings.
Thanks!

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
seth rodgers said:
Oh okay. Some species of corydoras such as the pygmy cory actually frequently swim in the middle layers of the tank, so that's why I was asking. As long as they aren't gasping constantly at the surface then they are most likely just exploring their new tank.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
IME, cories will always swim around up and down the glass for the first month or so, but after a while they will stop.

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
seth rodgers said:
awesome thanks. should i get more?
Cories do best in larger groups, if you have the space for some more I would definitely recommend it. They are incredibly social and display really interesting behaviors in larger groups.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
FlipFlopFishFlake38 said:
Cories do best in larger groups, if you have the space for some more I would definitely recommend it. They are incredibly social and display really interesting behaviors in larger groups.
is a group of 5 ok?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom