Swim In Peace, Rebel :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruxes and Bubbles, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

I lost one of my bettas yesterday. :(
    I got her 6 months ago. I have no idea what happened. She was perfectly healthy. Tested the water and all was fine. She was eating, swimming, etc...only thing I could possibly think of was temperature shock (keep my females outdoors in the summer - separate 3+ gallon tubs and daily water changes - water stays at 80 degrees) but none of my other girls have any issues whatsoever.

I buried her in the backyard. This stinks. :(image.jpg

2. MattS99

MattS99Well Known MemberMember

I'm so sorry. This kind of stuff sucks.

3. Kenny777

Kenny777Well Known MemberMember

I'm sorry for your loss :( SIP Rebel. She was a beautiful betta and I feel your pain.... She was always a good betta and she will be miss :( I'm so sorry....

4. OP
    OP
    B

Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Thank you two.

I know. I don't know if she was older when I got her or if it was something on my end or what. I hate it when fish die. Especially when you don't know why. I really hope it was nothing on my end. :(

5. MattS99

MattS99Well Known MemberMember

I hate it when mine die too, especially when we can't figure it out. I'm pretty thankful, haven't lost anyone for almost 6 months now. But my little platy guy is starting to get old...

6. Kenny777

Kenny777Well Known MemberMember

Its okay just know that people support you and I know it sucks when something that is close to you died. I hate it when any of my pets die especially ones that are really close to me. Just know that they are in a happy place and die for a reason.

7. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

I agree that losing a fish and not having any idea of what happened to it is the worst. I dont think it was temperature shock, while I havent kept any Bettas I have kept other fish outside and I have seen them tolerate temperature changes well. I am keeping some Platy fry outside and they are growing well regardless of the sometimes fast temperature changes rain brings (25 Celsius all the way to sometims 17 in the worst cases).
    Look at the bright side of things and rest assured you gave her the best 6 months of her life :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice