Swim Bladder?

1. Evanwd

Evanwd Member Member

8f456dc40b261e5d3095f9ed6d107d03.jpg

64f1f04658c3e1ef46f319ecc3e3e76c.jpg

a8c768c5c298f77b742a3019a6b1425e.jpg

My girlfriend is texting me in a panic is this swim bladder? What's best treatment he keeps going sideways. I suspect it's from over feeding but not sure.

2. R

RyanLewis Member Member

Stop feeding floating pellets if you are and feed peas without the skin on them. Pellets won't help with swim bladder issues.

3. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Hard to tell from the pictures, but if the fish is having a hard time keeping itself down (always floating up or on its side) then yes SBD could be the problem. There are a few options here, one is to either fast the fish for a day or two and see if it improves. Two, try feeding the fish half a deshelled, cooked pea to clear out his system. If he won't have the pea, try the fasting first to get him hungry. Goodluck and let us know if you come right

4. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Hard to tell from the pictures, but if the fish is having a hard time keeping itself down (always floating up or on its side) then yes SBD could be the problem. There are a few options here, one is to either fast the fish for a day or two and see if it improves. Two, try feeding the fish half a deshelled, cooked pea to clear out his system. If he won't have the pea, try the fasting first to get him hungry. Goodluck and let us know if you come right

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

hard to tell but, but don't feed him for 2-3 days then feed 1 chopped boiled de she'll pea.

if that's doesn't work out then try Epsom salt. 1/8 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water , make sure you dissolve the Epsom salt before adding to the tank.

also what are your current parameters?