Swim bladder problems

Sean P Rooney

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! Several days ago, one of my guppies started floating and swimming only sideways. I thought it wouldn't spread so I just left the guppy in the tank with the other fish and took it out to do epsom salt baths to treat its swim bladder problem. It didn't work, and I found the guppy floating dead at the top of the tank this morning. Now, one of my glowlight tetras has the exact same symptoms...this is very concerning because I thought the problem was exclusive to that guppy and now it is spreading to other fish. What should I do?? Please help, I don't want this to wipe out my whole tank

emilyyyyy

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sean P Rooney said:
PLEASE HELP! Several days ago, one of my guppies started floating and swimming only sideways. I thought it wouldn't spread so I just left the guppy in the tank with the other fish and took it out to do epsom salt baths to treat its swim bladder problem. It didn't work, and I found the guppy floating dead at the top of the tank this morning. Now, one of my glowlight tetras has the exact same symptoms...this is very concerning because I thought the problem was exclusive to that guppy and now it is spreading to other fish. What should I do?? Please help, I don't want this to wipe out my whole tank
Hmmm. What is the temperature in your tank? I've heard that sometimes having too low temperatures in a tank cause eventually lead to swim bladder. And what are the water parameters?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom