Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Swim Bladder Disease? Important

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by miss.mikn, Mar 31, 2019.

1. miss.miknValued MemberMember

My molly has been acting strange for about a week. At first, it was just that she was always really close to the ground and almost never moved. There were times we worried she was dead only to see her move for a moment. Now, however, she swims actively the way that she used to but, she does swim a little sideways. I’m worried she has swim bladder disease and I don’t know where to begin to treat it so I don’t lose her. Any help would be so appreciated!

2. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Could you post a pic so we can confirm?

3. miss.miknValued MemberMember

My orange panda molly Image1554058803.789849.jpg

4. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

oof! Okay so you can give her an epsom salt bath

5. miss.miknValued MemberMember

Pardon my ignorance but, how would I do so? Would the epsom salt irritate her? I have other fish in the tank so would I have to remove her into the epsom salt bath?

6. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

7. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

personally I do 1 tbs per gallon of water and let the fish in there for 15 min

8. miss.miknValued MemberMember

Yeah that’s what I was going to do. Thanks!

9. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Yep, that's how I do epsom salt baths. Epsom salt isn't a salt in terms of salinity, so it won't irritate the slime coat

10. miss.miknValued MemberMember

Okay so I did exactly that, I let her swim for thirty minutes instead of fifteen and she looked like she was starting to feel better and swim a little more normally but this morning I checked on her and she looks almost like she’s stuck at the surface in a ‘c-shape’ and barely moves. I’m sad she doesn’t feel good and just want to be able to get her health back to normal :(Image1554129813.742886.jpg sorry, all my guppies are in love with her and never leave her alone