Swim Bladder Disease?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Amber J, Apr 19, 2017.

1. A

Amber J New Member Member

Help Needed!
    I've had my fish for about a month or 2 now. I originally bought 2 but lasts week I went away, left a tablet thing in and came back to find my tetra lodged behind the heater and clearly dead.
    I now have my angel fish left but I fear it might have swim bladder disease, which I have researched and found symptoms for. I keep thinking the fish is dead as it keeps floating around, and when it goes under the filter it gets pushed downwards.
    If it is a swim bladder disease then my thoughts are that it may be from the pellet thing I put in the tank for food while I was away?
    Anyway help needed asap. If needed I can supply pictures.

2. PaulaMPi

PaulaMPi Valued Member Member

Pictures are often helpful. Have you tested water parameters? The vacation feeders can cause ammonia spikes, as can a dead fish. Have you done any water changes since you've been back and removed the dead fish?

3. OP
    OP
    A

Amber J New Member Member

I did remove the fish as soon as I got home and I just changed the water.
    So the update is that I'm pretty sure he's gone now because I found him stuck upside down in the plant. :(

4. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Your profile says you dont know about the nytrogen cycle so maybe water quality is what killed both fish.
    You will have to tell us more. Your tank size, stocking, filter and if it is cycled or not, water change schedule before vacation would also help. Your water parameters if you know t hem would be good too.

5. PaulaMPi

PaulaMPi Valued Member Member

Yeah, usually a good sign they are already gone, or almost gone. So sorry :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice