Sushi just died...

Bedraggled

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am so sad. My first betta, just died. I watched him..it was horrible. He tried to swim, but sank to the bottom head first. He struggled to get to the surface and could not swim right. It happened so fast and within a minute or two he was just gone.. I tried to help him get back onto his plant, but it was too late.

I am unsure how old he was, but I only had him for one year and four months. Yesterday he did not want to eat. He just laid in his favorite plant close to the surface. Today he was pretty lethargic as well and no appetite. Otherwise, no outward signs of physical illness..except perhaps a slight bit bloated. No pine coned scales or sores or fin problems. No eye clouding or swelling. I tested his water this morning, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrates. I can't believe he went so fast..

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awwwww, I'm so sorry :'( :'( :'( I lost a Betta in January, and it's pretty hard.

uprightandlocked

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It can be hard to lose our little friends, for sure. If you had him for one year and four months, he led a great long life. Especially if you got him from a pet store because he probably was at least six months old there. Two years for a betta is not bad at all. You obviously took great care of him and should be commended for doing so!

Jequila

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry It's terrible losing any pet. I'm sure he enjoyed the time he had with you.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm very sorry for your loss..... Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, Sushi.....

Borisbbadd

Sorry you lost him.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm sorry, it is very hard. RIP Sushi...

Bedraggled

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks everyone. I burried SushI in the flower bed. Sushi's tank sits on the end table, right next to my spot on the couch. I find myself looking for him all the time. I guess I will need to rescue another betta from one of those death cups. It just makes me sad seeing all those little fishies in those nasty little cups in various stages of health. It's almost as sad as going to a shelter and seeing all the sad doggies looking for a home.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
<hugs>

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm very sorry for your loss...

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I buried my 2 boys that died too, in a flower bed also, it's now going to be my betta resting place!

Good luck whatever you decide Bedraggled *hug*

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads