Surprise!

1. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I saw one of my guppies being pestered by the males and looking really stressed. All my females are really fat right now, and she was the fattest. I decided to put her in the trap to see if she was having fry, and keep the males away from her. About an hour later... 4 fry :) This is my third generation. The grandparents died :( but I have about 12 of the second generation. Can't wait to see how many babies I get!

I would try for pics, but my camera has issues with small things and the battery's super low. I'll keep you posted!

2. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

7 now... :)

3. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats!

4. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Thanks! I've got 9 now... it's so exciting when fish have babies, even if they're just guppies! My mom's interested too... she usually isn't in to all my fish stuff.

5. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Congradulations!

6. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Thanks. The angels are trying to eat the fry through the trap... it's pretty funny, but I feel bad for the fry. 10 now... 2 appear as though they might be deformed, they'll probably be snacks. I should get some new blood in the tank soon.

7. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Can I raise fry in a bucket?

I have a question about raising them: I have a 5 gallon bucket that I use for fish stuff, and a 2 gallon bucket that I use for water changes. They're both clean, so that's not the issue. I'm wondering if I can transfer the stuff from the 10 liter tank to the 5 gallon bucket with the platy and guppy fry I have. I have a little filter, and my room is always in the 70s temperature-wise. I think they'd be happier in the bucket because it's bigger, and I can also do water changes more easily. Plus, I can see them better from above- I don't really care that the side's aren't glass. So... would it work to raise them in the bucket until they're really for the adult tank?