Surprise, surprise...

FeeshieSymfiny

So I woke up this morning, looked over at a tank next to where I'd fallen asleep (the couch felt good guys, no judgements) and I'm be damned if my jaw didn't drop. One of my yoyo loaches had jumped out of its tank and into another lower one! I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Thoughts started racing through my head, "it could've died!, It's still a juvenile! How the H did I get so lucky that it landed in that lower non-lidded quarantine tank!? How did it get out?!", thoughts were just bouncing nuclear all in my brain, still are in fact.... I scooped the lil rascal out and returned it to its 'siblings'. Whew!
So here I am rushing about and making sure that the main tank lids housing loaches have not a single, and I really want Not.A.Single tiny area that can happen from again.
Any ideas here sure would help, I'm still flabbergasted I gotta admit... the How still eludes me...smdh.

Fishproblem

they can be sneaky little monsters! glad yours ended up okay! For my killies, i cut a plexi lid that fit around the filter, and then stuffed any remaining space (including the HOB filter outflow, which the female swam inside and got trapped in) with filter foam padding. it's not beautiful but it works!

FeeshieSymfiny

Fishproblem said:
they can be sneaky little monsters! glad yours ended up okay! For my killies, i cut a plexi lid that fit around the filter, and then stuffed any remaining space (including the HOB filter outflow, which the female swam inside and got trapped in) with filter foam padding. it's not beautiful but it works!
Plexi lid, great idea. Sounds better than my diy acrylics, imo. And I still have spaces in my golden wonder killi lid, didn't know about them being like that, but it makes sense since they jump puddles... I've gotta research more (I've been so browser lazy, smh). I've kept a 4" space between the water and the lid coz my filter is submersible (the killi tank is one of those Marineland high types) but now you've got me thinking (the lid came with the tank and has those premade spaces), I'll go ahead block those spaces too with a new lid... Thanks!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom