Surprise Surprise!

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

My first betta! Its a male veiltail I paid 3 dollars for him and hes a beauty! He has Red mixed with some blue and little purple! Name suggestions????

Heres the tank!

[​IMG]

And my Betta boy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

He's pretty. Hate to burst your bubble, but he's a veiltail, not a crowntail. :)

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

opps hehe I just looked where he was placed I wasnt to picky

4. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

No worries! Didn't mean it was a bad thing that he's a veiltail, not a crowntail. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

He is very pretty. He looks EXTREMELY similar (as in "could have come from the same spawn" o_O) to my female VT I have in my 55gal. Same fin shape, coloring...everything.

As for names...what are you interested in? Do you want a name with meaning? A literary name? A relatively generic name? For example, I prefer naming my bettas after literary characters. Right now I have three bettas. My gray/purple/pink cambodian HMPK male is named Tanis, the half-elf lead character of the Dragonlance Chronicles books. My female VT who looks like your boy is named Kitiara, one of the human bad "guys" in the Dragonlance Chronicles. My green/black/red marble dragon HMPK male is named Dirk, after the main character of Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels. I also have a female GBR named Summer (also from the Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt novels), a male ryukin goldfish named Indiana Jones (Indie for short) and an adult male bristlenose pleco named Percy (from Percy Jackson and the Olympians).

5. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I usally name fish after a meaning I just cant think of anything.

6. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

What's his personality like?

7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

he's very hyper!

Thought of a name Flash?

8. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Flash is cute. It's also kind of fitting because his red fins look like a flash of fire. :)

9. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Flash! That's a perfect name! I love it! <3

10. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

My little(ok BIG) has the same color scheme. Its a Multicolor pattern purple. The red and blue layers cross to create the purple coloration, but as you may have figured out, when they meet the camera flash the 2 colors split :). My favorite.
    [​IMG]
    Here she is, i found that a good top light and no flash brings out the best in them.
    Id vote on maybe an Apollo, Or something related to purple like
    solferino, amaranth, or orchis

11. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Very pretty tank. I like Flash too.

12. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Haha I was playing xbox and I look to my left flash was staring at me I was like stop it!

Then I caught him flaring at his own reflection :D
    Attachment 1 (14).jpg

13. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

HA, he's your xbox buddy now! Aren't Bettas great? Congratulations!

He is a handsome boy! Sounds like "Flash" fits him.

EDIT: I just noticed, is he in your guppy tank or in a tank by himself? When you're done with XBox, why not update your stats? LOL!

14. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Ive had him for a matter of hours and he already has shown his personality.

15. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

How cute! I love him =D Quite spunky, I guess, huh? LOL

16. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Im not dum!! lol look at my sig!

17. swimmingwiththefishes Member Member

Your betta is spectacular!