Surprise spawn

Bettanewb78

Hello! I've had 2 pepper corys just over a year and 3 Venezuelan corys for about 9 months. They've been in a temp 10 gal until I set up my 29gal and today I saw they spawned for the 1st time. I have never had cory eggs before. I do have a breeder box. Any advice on how to proceed is much appreciated!

Broggy

Bettanewb78 said:
Hello! I've had 2 pepper corys just over a year and 3 Venezuelan corys for about 9 months. They've been in a temp 10 gal until I set up my 29gal and today I saw they spawned for the 1st time. I have never had cory eggs before. I do have a breeder box. Any advice on how to proceed is much appreciated!
congrats. thats a lot of eggs! the eggs on the docoration look fungused. dont put those with the other ones. be sure to use methyline blue or maybe a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to keep the others from fungusing. typically people use separate containers with the eggs so you can keep the chemicals contained.

Bettanewb78

Broggy said:
congrats. thats a lot of eggs! the eggs on the docoration look fungused. dont put those with the other ones. be sure to use methyline blue or maybe a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to keep the others from fungusing
Ah, those are on the glass and a little out of focus, not fuzzy. Should I put them all in my breeder box? They're also in a 10 gal, which I know is too small for my guys. I have 1 empty tank 29 g and seeded sponge filters. How long do I have before eggs hatch?

mattgirl

when my corys first got busy I followed Coradee 's great thread on raising cory fry Raising cory fry | Corydoras Forum | 204003 I was able to successfully hatch lots of eggs while following her very good advice.

Bettanewb78

Broggy

Bettanewb78 said:
Ah, those are on the glass and a little out of focus, not fuzzy. Should I put them all in my breeder box? They're also in a 10 gal, which I know is too small for my guys. I have 1 empty tank 29 g and seeded sponge filters. How long do I have before eggs hatch?
they will hatch in a few days or so, reading coradee's thread will help you more than I can.

Latest threads

Top Bottom