Surprise Pond Snail Funny

Discussion in 'Snails' started by BoxOfMushrooms, Apr 18, 2019.

1. BoxOfMushroomsNew MemberMember

I noticed this large pond snail in my betta tank two days ago, and I managed to snap a quick photo of it this morning. It's the only one in there that I'm aware of, and I don't mind it as long as it doesn't start suddenly multiplying by the dozens. I'm mostly just surprised the betta didn't kill it since he's a particularly mean fish.

The fish is named Fenrir, so a friend suggested I name the surprise snail Loki. Loki is about a centimeter a long and seems fond of that terra cotta pot.

Attached Files:

2. OkariValued MemberMember

If that is a bladder snail I believe they are asexual and will start multiplying solo.

3. eustoma01Valued MemberMember

You'll probably see a lot of babies... but honestly I don't see them as too much of a pest. They help eat all the algae in your tank and will make it clean for you. :)

4. CanaculusWell Known MemberMember

Hate to burst your bubble, but these guys multiply far faster than you think. Within 2 months you'll have at least 15 (if not more). They can reproduce (I think) both sexually and asexually, so you'll soon have your hands full OP.
    If you do get tired of them, just pick up some assassin snails and your troubles will soon be over :).