Funny Surprise Pond Snail

BoxOfMushrooms

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I noticed this large pond snail in my betta tank two days ago, and I managed to snap a quick photo of it this morning. It's the only one in there that I'm aware of, and I don't mind it as long as it doesn't start suddenly multiplying by the dozens. I'm mostly just surprised the betta didn't kill it since he's a particularly mean fish.

The fish is named Fenrir, so a friend suggested I name the surprise snail Loki. LokI is about a centimeter a long and seems fond of that terra cotta pot.

Attachments

Okari

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If that is a bladder snail I believe they are asexual and will start multiplying solo.

eustoma01

Reaction score
You'll probably see a lot of babies... but honestly I don't see them as too much of a pest. They help eat all the algae in your tank and will make it clean for you.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
eustoma01 said:
You'll probably see a lot of babies... but honestly I don't see them as too much of a pest. They help eat all the algae in your tank and will make it clean for you.
Okari said:
If that is a bladder snail I believe they are asexual and will start multiplying solo.

Hate to burst your bubble, but these guys multiply far faster than you think. Within 2 months you'll have at least 15 (if not more). They can reproduce (I think) both sexually and asexually, so you'll soon have your hands full OP.
If you do get tired of them, just pick up some assassin snails and your troubles will soon be over .

New Threads