Surprise mystery jellyfish!

fishydaddy

I had a very interesting day at work yesterday (I work selling tickets at an aquarium so we get some odd questions about sealife).

A kind fellow brought in a bag of jellyfish ephyra that had suddenly bloomed in his marine aquarium.
He was curious where they came from (likely came in as a larvae when he last introduced a fish a year and a half ago, no live rock or corals in this tank, and then finally strobilated) and then proceeded to gift me the bag of jellies.

I am super excited about raising these little guys to adulthood but have not been able to find much info from other people who have had random jelly blooms in their aquariums, let alone hear from someone who raised them past the polyp or ephyra stage.

I am curious if anyone here has experienced or heard of this happening, and if so, what species are the most common?
I will probably have to just wait and see (if I can keep them alive), but having some sort of idea may help me create the optimal environment to raise them in.
There was one study that showed different ephyra and what I have closely resembles spotted lagoon jellies, but it's hard to tell when they're this small.

Here's a pic of the little guys, very cute, very mysterious.
Would love to hear y'alls thoughts on this :)

20211026_173715_exported_1175.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies
Views
Whalebite
Replies
Views
blubudgie
Replies