Surprise Fry Unsure What From

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland88

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have been dealing with a sick angelfish so before the lights came on in my main tank I had to run to the next town over for some advice and supplies. When I returned home I saw roughly 30-40 fry on the top level of my tank. This is my first batch of fry I believe they are the fry from my balloon mollies, but I also have peppered corydoras that have been laying quite a few eggs. Any experts care to weigh in?
IMG_20181222_120013_063.jpg IMG_20181222_120011_408.jpg

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe so, but you can tell by the body shape(particularly face shape), that they are mollies and not cories.

CandyCane701

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I guessed Molly fry before I read your post. Yes, cory fry would stay at the bottom. Congrats! Keep us updated on how they do

Roland88

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They seem content at the moment, I moved them to a breeder box inside the tank they were born in and used a couple of my live plants for shade/hiding places. I've fed them twice today once with finely crushed flake nearly powder. And this last time with finely crushed algea wafer. I read they should be fed 3x a day, is that accurate

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I had mine I just did once or twice when they were little. Once a day is fine, but if you want them to grow quicker then you can feed them twice daily.

LA58

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your angel would love to eat a few of these fry! Glad to see positive changes happening for you.

Roland88

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They're very far apart so at least something good came out of it. If he wasn't feeling so bad he may have eaten all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 64.7%

Top Bottom