Surprise Fish 110 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by smee82, Jun 12, 2019.

1. smee82

smee82Fishlore VIPMember

I went out to dinner last night with some friends of my wives to a restaurant right next to big night fish market that just happens to only be on a wednesday night so i went a had a look. I wasnt planning but as everyone knows it never works out that way.

Finally saw a bag of healthy denison barbs that was reasonably priced so i grabbed that to finally up my school 2 to 7. Then on the way out a bag of baby bolivian rams caught my eye. So i figured why not ive already bought fish so more cant hurt.

After that i figured i better buy some live blood worms and while hunting them out my 2yr old daughter found a reptile shop and decided she really does want a bearded dragon. Shes been keen on one for a few months now so i told her we would get one but not right then as i didnt have enough cash on me to which she promptly replied that she has money. So after a but of convincing she didnt have enough we left.

Now i just need to get ready for a bearded dragon, luckily i start the summer holidays next week.

Attached Files:

2. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Nice pickups! Denison barbs are beautiful.

3. OP
    OP
    smee82

smee82Fishlore VIPMember

They surely are, theyre one of my favourite fish. Ive been hunting for more for almost a yr but they have always been sickly looking or way to expensive

4. Wraithen

WraithenFishlore VIPMember

Weird. I see them regularly at big box pet stores. They are hit or miss on coloring though. I actually got mine from Petco and they are wonderfully colored. I would swear they are dyed!

5. OP
    OP
    smee82

smee82Fishlore VIPMember

We dont have anything like petco or other big chain pet stores over here. Just big buildings with dozens of small shops in them that all sell live bearers.

I should get some pics next time im there but its a night and theres a million people so its a bit difficult to get any. Its where all the breeders go to sell their fish from the surrounding provinces.

Theres another fish that looks like denison barbs but it aggressive that i always see here. The red line doesnt go as far and theres a black bar on the fin.

They sell adults quite often but its around 60 rmb a pair and i paid 40rmb for 5 little ones last night.

6. Wraithen

WraithenFishlore VIPMember

I'm sure it varies by location there but China seemed to have a great fish culture and markets.

7. OP
    OP
    smee82

smee82Fishlore VIPMember

The weekly market here in Tianjin is great i take my daughter once every couple of months just to have a look at what they have.

The only problem is all the fish shops have standing orders so they get first pick and everyone else is left with the scraps. That and the breeders have different fish all time so you never know what they will have there from one week to another.