Surprise Danio Fry - Am I Doing Everything Right?

Craiggroves91

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member here. I have a 20 gallon long with zebra, pearl, and long fin danio in it and I just recently started cycling a new 55 gallon. Well I moved plants from the the 20 in to the 55 and I wake up the next day and look in the 55 gallon and see these freaky things sticking the to glass! To my surprise, they are babies! Not sure how they survived the transfer on a plant, but they did. This happened about 10 days ago now, since I have moved them out of the 55 and into a fluval 2.5g. I have the water at 80 degrees Fahrenheit and have been feeding them crushed sinking pellets. I see them grab pieces and the pellets and I have seen them grab crushed flake too. I vacuum the floor of the tank to get waste and leftover food quite frequently. They are growing at a nice speed, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to keep these fry healthy.

Thank you

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello everyone,

New member here. I have a 20 gallon long with zebra, pearl, and long fin danio in it and I just recently started cycling a new 55 gallon. Well I moved plants from the the 20 in to the 55 and I wake up the next day and look in the 55 gallon and see these freaky things sticking the to glass! To my surprise, they are babies! Not sure how they survived the transfer on a plant, but they did. This happened about 10 days ago now, since I have moved them out of the 55 and into a fluval 2.5g. I have the water at 80 degrees Fahrenheit and have been feeding them crushed sinking pellets. I see them grab pieces and the pellets and I have seen them grab crushed flake too. I vacuum the floor of the tank to get waste and leftover food quite frequently. They are growing at a nice speed, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to keep these fry healthy.

Thank you
You must be doing something right to have danio fry! You might consider feeding them a specialized powdered egglayer fish food like Interpet Liquifry #1, Hikari First Bites powdered fry food or New Life Spectrum Grow Fry Starter and/or infusoria in several small feedings a day. Good job!
Post some pictures! Everybody likes 'baby pictures' lol!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom