Surprise Baby Ghost Shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolem420

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I believe they go through a larval stage where it's dang near impossible to see. But look on your plants and decorations over the next couple days. I literally close one eye. You will see like maybe 2cm miniature ghost shrimp. I was eyeballing my plants in the tank when I noticed them

Look for them moving there antenna. It catches the eye

Folks on here say there hard but honestly I don't do anything special I've found them in two of my tanks this month

IMAG0418.jpg
found 5 here
IMAG0417.jpg
this one 3 I counted

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieFisher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
@Absolem420, thank you for the info!!
I'll keep checking, when i noticed she was without them, i immediately stuck a prefilter sponge on my intake.

My molly is "due" again in about 10 days, too.
Oy!!!!!

CarrieFisher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It would just be cool if one or two make it
I'm not "set up" for breeding, but if she doesnt get to know any of her babies, I'm just going to go get her a few "friends" anyhow

I only see her when the "moonlight" setting is on, and i think she'd feel safer in numbers, like most critters
Shes out now making a pig of herself on the sinking shrimp pellets that i got for the plec and molly, is this cannibalism worrisome? Lol

Absolem420

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't think so I've read where they eat old shed exoskeletons for calcium I suppose it's the same concept. I thought the ghost shrimp were cool so I got 10 for each tank. They didn't last so well with my piranhas I think there is 3 left with them. I doubt I'll find baby's in there lol. I have guppies mollies and mosquito fish fry. The shrimp do good with them all.

CarrieFisher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So far, in my tank, I have 4 diamonds (getting 4 or 5 more very soon, trying not to overload my bb colony while I'm slowly stocking this aquarium), 1 DG, 1 Molly, 1 abnp.
And they've all left her alone so far.

I'm hoping it remains harmonious! I really like her

Absolem420

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Should be all good. I don't think they have that large of a bio load. I'd say add like 5 more.
I'm no expert though.... I just know I added ten at a time and didn't notice a change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 39 63.9%

Top Bottom