Surprise arrival.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by soltarianknight, Dec 21, 2012.

1. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Got a call from my friend an hour ago asking if i was still stocking my new 37 Hex, I said yes(of course, i should of had it coming), so he shows up 10 minutes later with a pathetic little betta in a cup. YAY. -_-. She/he is very skinny, constipated and super stressed. How awesome is that? Oh, did i mention young. Young in a way that i am not positive of sex yet. Looks like a she, flares like a he. So he/she is currently living it up in my breeder net in the Hex. Active and all, just skinny and constipated.

I was thinking of trying a betta at one point in the future, but not a new arrival. I wanted to try my other female in my 10gal. So, this little dude will be in the breeder net until i make a larger floating box and decide what to do. The only concern is the sword tails. My female is pretty chill, my male is well, male. The betta is GORGEOUS though. Especially sine he/she is apparently a walmart fish.

Full body

beard flare

best color rep

The way the tale hangs here kinda looks like a young male to me, not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I'm thinking young male as well.

Good luck.

3. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Pretty! Well, atleast he now has a good home with you :D I'm thinking I'm gonna break a lot of my rules tomorrow :) the 10 gal QT next to my desk is lonely, so if I dont find my gold danio or barbs ... I'm com'n home with a betta! I'm so bayad!

4. Faber1790Valued MemberMember

Wow. She/he looks exactly like my female did when I got her. And when I say exactly I mean my jaw dropped when I say yours. Mine flares like a male too and has very long fins for a female. Very pretty little one.

5. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

I think it is a toss up in the end here. I have had a long finned female with a beard before, but she was soooo female. In a month, we will know for sure here. He/she is doing well in the breeder net, flaring at the danios.

EDIT: It be a lady. YUP. Found the egg spot. She be named Alice.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. Novemayune

NovemayuneValued MemberMember

Beautiful betta! And lol on your edit SK - love it

7. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Well, she be in good hands...

8. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

I like the crown tips on her tail.

9. chenay83New MemberMember

My friends dump their fish on me all the time, then their friends started leaving fish. I ended up with a black water tank, a freshwater, a brackish, and a guppy tank. I had to put a sign on my front door telling people not to leave fish on my doorstep.

10. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

I see the resemblance between mine and yours.

11. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Told ya. My girl is a double ray though, yours is a single, also gender and PK differences XP. Color is pretty spot on though.

12. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Here she is.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  13. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Pretty lady! :D

14. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Alice is a very beautiful young lady Sol :)

15. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

you know what i always say... if you have free space put a betta in it *unless it is under 3gallons*< trademarked :D

16. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Was gonna ask about that last pic.
    It looks to show the ovipositor.

Pretty little gal. :)

17. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Thanks everyone, she is still a little constipated but we are getting there. Doesnt bother anyone either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice