2 Gallon Tank Surface Skimmer On Azoo Mignon 60

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Picked up a bunch of Azoo filters to add skimming and polishing that sponge filters don’t do well.

Will be adding this to a Topfin Retreat 2.5g when I remove the filter compartment

bitseriously

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have the 5gal version of the Retreat, and would love to see how that disassembly/teardown goes. So requesting that you photo/film it and share!

OP
FishRFriendz

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bitseriously said:
I have the 5gal version of the Retreat, and would love to see how that disassembly/teardown goes. So requesting that you photo/film it and share!
This is my second tank.
I have a thread with mods and a little bit of the filter removal.

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/top-fin-retreat-2-5-5-gallon-mods.315082/

Oh never mind they locked that thread, it’s really old and I didn’t add the filter removal when I did it last time.

Try this

Algonquin and midnahave also removed the filter before

bitseriously

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Nice, thanks I’ll check those links out.

I’m currently doing a write up of my own mod of this kit: my electronics-inclined uncle manged to bypass the touch switch on the light, so it now works through a Nicrew ramp timer/dimmer. Just waiting on his details to put into that thread.

midna

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
so i've never used a skimmer before (and I don't really know how they work) but my retreat has an azoo mignon filter and it's getting a lot of surface film. my betta loves it because he can finally make huge bubble nests, but it annoys me lol. what brand is the skimmer?

here's my tank all set up btw. I had to stuff sponge media and paper towels between the glass and the filter to make it stay upright and stop vibrating against the glass. I also couldn't fit the filter on there with the light on the other side and the glass lid, so I just went to lowe's and they cut an inch or so off of the lid. I bought a dinky little glass cutter but I was too nervous to try cutting it myself lol

20190412_213732.jpg
20190412_213923.jpg
20190412_213536.jpg
20190412_213524.jpg

bitseriously

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not trying to pry/invade, but are the drawings behind the tank yours? A. They’re amazing. B. They make a really cool background, seen partly through the plants. Would not have thought a light background could work that well, but it does.

midna

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
bitseriously said:
Not trying to pry/invade, but are the drawings behind the tank yours? A. They’re amazing. B. They make a really cool background, seen partly through the plants. Would not have thought a light background could work that well, but it does.
hahaha, no! they're fanart of some members from a kpop group called exo by an artist called manapia. thank you though. I actually need to move them so I can see them better, they were there before I put the tank there. I was too lazy to move them I may put some paper there for a bg or just leave it blank for the cork background of my desk

New Threads