Surface Agitation/oxygen Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Nikki2577, Nov 10, 2018 at 6:39 PM.

1. Nikki2577

Nikki2577 Well Known Member Member

Hi all,
    So this is probably a very silly question but I was watching my fish today and to me it seems my fish are and always swim at a low level. I have two circulators on one side of the tank and one at the other end (pictures below).

# 1. Are my fish annoyed because these fans too strong for them?

#2. If I don’t have them on will there be enough oxygen for them?

I have two large sponge filters and I also have a wet/dry sump in my basement right below the tank. I have no idea if this matters when it comes to oxygen! Lol I really have no clue.

IMG_1215.jpg IMG_1216.jpg

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

A lot of my tanks have just a filter and maybe a sponge filter, none have a powerhead or anything. Definitely not necessary. Lol those Severums hahaha.

3. OP
    OP
    Nikki2577

Alrighty, Thank you very much! I am going to leave them off. When I bought the tank and the whole set up for the tank they told me I had to have these fans because of the size of the tank. I wasn't sure if it was just for dead spots or for surface agitation.

4. AquaticJ

Is there a sump on it? Honestly as long as you have good filtration you’re getting oxygenation.

5. OP
    OP
    Nikki2577

6. AquaticJ

You’re definitely fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice