SureFlow 1600 & 2500 (Maxi-jet Stream Mod)

agsansoo
This is my second Maxi-jet Stream Mod. Thanks to the guys at Algae-Free for sending me a couple of FREE SureFlow kits. These thing kick butt ! My first kit was a SureFlow 1600, which I changed to a 2500. My new one is a 1600.

147.jpg

agsansoo
This is a stock Maxi-jet 900.

148.jpg

agsansoo
These are the props for the SureFlow's. The first one is the stock maxi-jet 900 prop. The second is the 1600 prop, the third is the 2500 prop.

149.jpg

agsansoo
Parts for the SureFlow 1600 mod.

150.jpg

agsansoo
Assembly is a breeze. Takes about 5 minutes.

151.jpg

agsansoo
This is the optional magnet holder. Something I recommend highly, since the stock Maxi-jet always falls off the glass. It just has suction cups.

152.jpg

Gozer_1
I've been eyeballing these recently. I was thinking of trying one out. I'd like to get more flow across the bottom front of my tank. Are these Mods OK to use with a wave maker or other timer? I think I've read about them not working well with timers.

agsansoo
They work fine with a timer or wavemaker from what my friends say. They will shatter at start-up, that's because pumps sometimes turns the wrong way. A built-in stop forces the prop to spin the right way. Which takes a few seconds.

Gozer_1
OK that's what I heard, that they might turn backwards. I'm hope you meant shUtter not shAtter too btw.

agsansoo
LOL ... shUtter ! LOL !
I tried the new one ... Review: Very hard to start the right way. The Maxi-jet 1200 works better. I'm going to contact Algae-Free again. I will keep you posted.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
atmmachine816
2 3
Replies
Views
MomeWrath
Replies
Views
kristenfaith
Replies