Supply Run Help

luckdown
I need to do a supply run soon. Water conditioner, better food and meds.

Can anyone help me come up with a list of what I should get so I don't forget anything? I currently use chewy for my supplies, is there a better online store to buy them from?

Current list:

Prime
Water clarifier (aqueon?)

Omega one: tropical flakes, sinking shrimp pellets, veggie kelp flakes, veggie sinking pellets, betta buffet flakes (do they have a floating pellet?)

River shrimp
Super food gel stuff
Garlic guard

Prazipro

Idk what meds are good, I bought the wrong kind last time whoops. So I need help with them xP only good one I already have is meth blue

I need to also get food for future goldfish but not sure which kind is best.

Discus-Tang
What diseases do you need to treat? Or is it just so you have them on hand if/when something comes up? If it's the latter, I'd get API General Cure for parasites.

Good goldfish food should have ~40% protein on the guaranteed analysis. Alongside this, feed fresh veggies like thawed, skinned, diced garden peas, grapes, blanched spinach, lettuce (not iceberg lettuce) & pretty much any other vegetable.

luckdown
Just to have on hand in case something happens. I have wonderfully bad luck when I'm not prepared.

Ooo okay thanks. I'm very big on fresh veggies and giving them a variety of food. Haven't tried grapes before though

Rtessy
Get some kanaplex, it's useful for a lot of things including dropsy

jdhef
It's never a bad idea to have Vita-Chem on hand. The problem with buying meds for "just in case" is that they do expire over time and by the time you need to use them, they may be expired. But I'm lucky, I have several pets stores pretty close by, so I just wait until I need a med, before buying it.

luckdown
Yeah xP unfortunately I have no way of getting to a store that sells meds and it takes forever to get shipped to me. And there's been times it got lost in the mail when I needed it xP So I just have to keep myself stocked and replace meds every so often.

It's always when I fail to do this that things go wrong xP

But I get rescues often enough that it's worth it. Most common issues I deal with are finrot, fungus and parasites.

75g Discus Tank
For goldfish, start a duckweed farm.

Get a couple of large totes and toss duckweed in them. Have no surface movement to let it grow. I have my duckweed farm in a tote with water lillies. They have their own special mud which leaches lots of nutrients for duckweed growth.

luckdown
Ooo!!! This sounds like a fun idea 8D what kind of mud is it?

75g Discus Tank
It’s just mud specialized for lillies. It’s made by my local gardening store.

luckdown
Ooo okay

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank What to feed my fish
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
thephishsquad
Replies