Supplement Overkill???

Rbacchiega

I went on the seachem site, because I've had nothing but great experiences with my freshwater tanks...

Anyways, after reading the breakdowns of everything...I came up with this list of things to purchase so my reef is well looked after....but now I"m wondering if this is too much? Comments and suggestions please!

Reef Complete
Reef Carbonate
Reef Pluss
Reef Iodide
" " Advantage Calcium
" " Buffer
" " Builder
" " Advantage Strontium
" " Advantage Magnesium
" " Trace

And obviously, Prime, Stability and possibly Clarity

Wolfgang8810

dont go overboard with the supplements. I have red sea Ca3+ and it has calcium, strontium, magnesium, and iodine in one bottle and one tea spoon treats 60 gallons so it would last you a long time. Here is a link to it. . I use seachems reef buffer too. Good stuff.

Mike

HI RB - your regular partial water changes should replenish most of those elements... The only supplements I use are buffer (for RO water) kalkwasser and iodine (if it's been awhile since my last water change). Kalkwasser very slowly dripped when the lights are off will keep your alk/calcium levels up. The partial water changes will prolly be cheaper and safer than adding all those supplements and you'll know you are adding the elements in the correct concentrations with the water changes.

Also, if you use RO water you don't need to use Prime or any of the other water conditioners besides buffer.

Rbacchiega

So then for innitial start up, assuming I"m going to use RO water, would be Reef Buffer + Builder, and then depending on the readings would determine what I'd need for additional suppliments...right??

What are peoples thoughts on Kent products?? I havn't had too much experience with freshwater kent products, but what I have had seems to be a 50/50 split of whether or not it's doing it's job....any one else?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
varder
28 29 30 31
Replies
Views
Nart
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies