Superbac vs TSS

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by jetajockey, Apr 9, 2010.

1. jetajockey

jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

Just wondering if anyone has any updated information/reviews on Superbac? I'm going to order a bottle and test it out, as I've seen fairly good reviews of the product. It blows TSS out of the water price-wise, so if its performance is comparable then it's definitely something worth looking into.

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning Jetajockey,

If you'll go to the top left hand side of the screen and do a Search for Superbac, you'll find some information there.

Best of luck.
    Ken

3. OP
    OP
    jetajockey

jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

thanks Ken, I've been doing that since I made this post, was just hoping if anyone had any more updated info on either one of the two. It seems like there's alot of unsubstantiated conjecture when it comes to these kinds of products, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

4. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

when TSS came out, I did my own testing to see its validity ...I was a bio spira user and wanted to see how the TSS compared....its much cheaper than bio spira was and no refrigeration needed!! (I can get the 8oz bottle for $16 to me thats not expensive) TSS, if used properly, DOES work and works great...never tried superbac but have seen good and bad from that...keep daily track of it and deff have a back up tank for the fish just in case :)

5. Prince Powder

Prince PowderWell Known MemberMember

From the info on Superbac's website, it contains the same bacteria for converting ammonia as TSS does. The bacteria that converts nitrite however is different from TSS. My guess is that it will get you through the ammonia stage fine, but you might have to do the daily water changes to get through the nitrite stage. I know through personal experience that TSS works as advertised when used properly. I have never used Superbac, but since it doesn't contain the same bacteria as TSS, I would personally not trust it to work the same way for me. As Shawnie suggested, monitor closely and have a backup plan. Here are two articles to help you do your own research. I personally found them helpful.

6. flyin-loweWell Known MemberMember

Ive used TSS with success as well. I don't know much about super bac but when I was searching google on the subject TSS was the only product I could find tha contained the correct bacteria to complete a cycle. Keep us informed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice