Super Upset

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I am just losing it a bit right now, my brother has a cold with chills and stomach issues.
    My worst fear is catching a stomach virus, that's what I am afraid of most.
    I just lose it when someone gets sick :(

2. W

WriterDayAndNight New Member Member

Aw, that sucks. I just got healthy after being sick and going to hospital for breathing issues on and off for a few weeks so I know how ya feel. I don't really have any tips or anything sense I barely take care of myself but I'm here to wish u good luck!

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

I wish I had a separate house to live in while the sickness dies off, I don't want to catch it.

4. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Hope your brother feels better soon.

5. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Hope your Brother feels better & you don't catch it.

6. alauruin

alauruin Valued Member Member

I feel you. I'm emetophobic and have been since my earliest childhood memories. Having a sick family member was always absolutely horrific for me. (I live alone currently, no more worrying about such!)

Medical research has shown the best way to keep your immune system strong and avoid catching bugs that go around is to make sure you're getting plenty of sleep, staying hydrated, and keeping up with daily exercise (your normal workout routine, or 30-60 mins/day of steady activity like walking). I like chamomile tea to accomplish several of those things at once--hydration and promoting sleep--as well as to help me calm down a bit when I'm worked up.

I hope your brother is better soon!

7. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

I am also extremely emetophobic.

8. Alexolotl

Alexolotl Valued Member Member

Hand sanitizer is your friend. During the flu season my family keeps like 5 dispensers all over the house, and one in the car. Wet Ones hand wipes are also extraordinarily useful, we use them all the time on both our hands and things like doorknobs, stair handrails, etc. and it helps reduce sickness.

Now for recovery/prevention:
    Cranberry juice. When you’re sick we find cranberry apple juice is the best thing for you if you’re stuck in bed and you’re properly sick. It tastes pretty darned good too.

Blankets. Lots of blankets. Bury your brother in blankets (Mexican blankets are preferable) to help him keep warm. Warmth is key when you’re sick and having extra blankets never hurts.

If it is causing him to throw up, make sure he has a bucket beside his bed 24/7 and has access to ginger ale (helps with an upset stomach)

Good luck! Hope your brother gets better soon!

9. B

BlackOsprey Valued Member Member

Use hand sanitizer and do NOT touch your face at all.

10. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

Thanks! Everything is under control :)
    I love your recommendations!