Super Tiny White/clear Snail Baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishParent87

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Last night I saw a super tiny (pinhead size), white/translucent/clear snail-like thing in my 20 gallon long freshwater tank. It's a newer tank (up for about 1.5 week now). I have 3 mystery snails (purchased from Petsmart, 1 black large one, 1 red/yellow smaller one, and 1 blue small one). I'm wondering what the new/tiny snail is??
I check every day for snail eggs on lid, water is only about an inch from top edge of tank. No eggs have been found.
I have attached the pictures of the new small snail for help... It moves same speed as mystery snails, but has a longer, curly shell. Any help would be great!!!

Also in tank:
1 plant - small, can't remember name of it
Many fake plants
4 mollies (one had 7 babies, which we now have 5)
2 harlequin rasboras
1 cardinal tetra [we had more cardinals and harlequins but they've died].
20180402_144507.jpg

Attachments

OP
F

FishParent87

Reaction score
Agreed he's cute! Was just super surprised when I first saw him! Lol

Since I'm new to fishtanks... are trumpet snails pests (how do they breed/lay eggs/livebearer)?? Will it hurt the other snails or any fish or plants?

Snailwhisperer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Trumpet snails are considered pets or pests depending on the person. They can breed really fast but have a low bioload. They need two to breed. So, even if you don't want many, you might be ok keeping the one. However, they like to burrow and keep your substrate clean and safe. So, you might have many already. You can have a population explosion if you provide too much food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom