Super open bristlenose- anyone elses similar?

Toothlesscatfish

Hi everyone,

When I first purchased my bristlenose, he was quite skittish and would hide a lot. However, about two weeks later until now he is less afraid of me and seems to come out quite a lot. All water parameters are good, enough oxygen and he is fed well and so isnt stressed but I just wondered whether this was unusual. Particularly because I know some people with bristlenoses that just hide all the time or just come out at night.

He will come up to me and can sometimes be a bit skittish around other family members. He also sometimes comes out in the day and other times at night, but I just find it all strange But I absolutely love him!

StarGirl

Mine comes out and doesn't hide all the time. I hear more people say that about Clown Plecos than BN. It normal.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I almost always have about 4-5 of my bn's out frolicking when i sit next to the aquarium. Usually begging me to feed them, but still.

Upvote 0

Tappy4me

One if my BNs comes out all the time. She knows food is coming lol. If she's not out, as soon as the food hits the water she comes out. She's almost 3 years old now.
20210623_183813.jpg

Upvote 0

TClare

I have a bn and a clown pleco in the same tank, there is a lot of wood in tank and they are often hidden, but I do see them both out and about quite often (Not like my Colombian zebra pleco in another tank, which I hardly ever see). They are both quite skittish though, if I move too quickly (or point the camera at them) they hide.

Upvote 0

Linda1234

I have 3 that always hide and 2 that are skittish and 4 that pretend i don't exist.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MHHIG
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
  • Question
Replies
Views