Super Glue

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How do you properly use superglue to attach plants to driftwood? I just glued a bunch of java fern and anubias to driftwood, and now i am worried i wrote a death sentence for them all. Is it true that you can't get glue on the rhizome? If so i definitely killed them all.
I didn't coat them or anything, just used a spot of glue on the bottom to attach it.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You need to glue the plant down, but you can get it on the rhizome, just don't completely cover it in glue.
It dries pretty fast, just keep the glue out of water for about five minutes to cure, then put it into the tank.

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Supposed to use the Super Glue GEL from what I've read. I just plan on using thread.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You need to glue the plant down, but you can get it on the rhizome, just don't completely cover it in glue.
It dries pretty fast, just keep the glue out of water for about five minutes to cure, then put it into the tank.
Thanks! I got so much glue all over my hands yesterday, but i successfully attached all my plants.

I actually used water to help get a particularly large bit of anubias to stick faster. The glue wasn’t drying quick enough and i didn’t want to hold it for five minutes, so i poured some water over it so it cured faster. I found this so much easier than thread.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom