Super Excited, Upgrades :d

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by MissNoodle, Aug 23, 2019.

1. MissNoodle

MissNoodleWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +727
    So my molly and 3 black skirts have been in a 10 gal. Too small and theyve been squabbling amongst themselves (molly beats the poop outta everyone if they go near her food or her favourite hang out) so ive been eyeing local ads for a cheap larger tank. Finally, in a couple hours ill be looking to pick up a 20 gal for the 4 of them (not adding any more fish, except if she has fry that survive)

Then, ive been anticipating a 46gal bowfront from my coworker, we finally arranged a pick up for it next week. This is an upgrade for my loaches, cories, and gourami who are also currently in a 10gal.

It feels good to say goodbye to tiny overcrowded tanks. My aquatic kids should be much happier with added space.

Ill post updates of the new tanks here when they're all set up. Project today is set up, transfer, and then going out and picking up more rocks, plants, and i need a couple more lymnea stagnalis snails.

For now, these are what theyre currently in, to compare later.

(For the record, i HATE the octopus ornament. But kid picked it and the fish love it so much they fight over it, so im outvoted)

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    MissNoodle

MissNoodleWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +727
    Ugh. So i arrange to pick up the "20 gallon". Get all the way there.

Its a 10gallon. They insisted it was 20 but no, def the same exact size as the ones i got at home.

Told him no and left empty handed. What a wasted trip. Especially since i worked midnights last night and and i planned on pulling an all nighter.

When i get the 46gal monday im just going to put the tetras in one of the 10gals and keep the molly in the other, until a real 20 gal shows up for a good price again.
    Just a major let down

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019