Sup Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Gourami Freak, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Gourami Freak

Gourami FreakNew MemberMember

I just got started in the hobby about a month ago. I'm a Computer-Science major at UNC Chapel Hill and I'll likely be graduating next semester. So, hello from North Carolina. I'll be 21 in December. :emoji_smile:

I Just started my second 20 gallon this week and I'm quite pleased with it. Beyond keeping fish, I'm really enjoying the research aspect of the hobby and learning about new species. (Soon enough I'll become a walking fish trivia box lol)

My tanks:

20g high

3 Black swordtails
    6 Glowlight Tetra
    3 Otocinclus

20g long

1 wild Betta (Betta Ferox)

Some photos of my fish are attached.

Attached Files:

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicksFishlore VIPMember

Hello and welcome!
    :;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2

I'm guessing you like gouramis?? :p

3. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore!
    I love gouramis, they are so cute to keep. Mine is a honey gourami though, but your fish look great!

4. Tankgurl

TankgurlNew MemberMember

Welcome to the hobby! I'm about 4 years in and still feel like there is a whole world of new information!

5. OP
    OP
    Gourami Freak

Gourami FreakNew MemberMember

Thanks Fanatic. (and everyone else for the warm welcome). I was considering Honey Gourami for my 20 long before I got the Betta. I really want to breed Chocolate and Licorice Gourami at some point as well. (Blackwater is fun)

I had two pearl gourami but they died of unknown causes a few weeks after I got them. I don't think they came from a very healthy stock. (These were the first fish I had actually)

I decided on the Betta because I wanted a wild caught fish that wouldn't be as temperamental about water conditions. (Also he looked beautiful in his tank up at Upscale Aquatics.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice