Sunsun Hw-303b

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Chapino4, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Chapino4New MemberMember

I'm setting up a 40 gallon breeder, nothing fancy haven't decided on the fish yet, i'm interested in knowing if the sunsun 303b 370 gph would be good canister filter for the 40 gallon, any help would be help will be appreciated.
    thanks

2. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I think it would be an excellent canister for that tank. I have a 403 and a 404 on my 75. Used the same 403 on my 36 gallon way back when I first started.

I'd consider also getting a small hob filter as well. Not absolutely necessary but I like to run 2 filters on all of my tanks just in case one goes out. You wouldn't need much. Something like a quietflow 30 or an aquaclear 50 would be more than enough. But again, not critical.

3. Nauthes

NauthesValued MemberMember

I agree 100%
    SunSun filters are great, i run a Sunsun 304b and i love it.

The size is perfect for your tank, so you'd be fine running it alone should be plenty of filtration.
    Although tyguy is right, more filtration never hurts.

4. OP
    OP
    C

Chapino4New MemberMember

I have a aquaclear 50 and a aqueon 30 that i was planning on used and the thank, but im been reading good things about the sunsun filters and decided that i will go with the sunsun, i was just looking to confirm that the 303b would be good.

5. ChaoryValued MemberMember

All the reviews and people that has them says that they are good inexpensive filters.

6. OP
    OP
    C

Chapino4New MemberMember

thanks everyone i have one more question, i been looking at the Eheim ecco Pro 2234 158 gph they claim is good up to 60 gallon, is this filter really suitable for a 40b

7. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I personally would not have it as my only filter on a 40. That 158 gph is pretty low and will lower once filled with media more than likely. But it would do a pretty good job. I'd invest in an additional hob though to help out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice