Sunsun Filter From China?

abc123userabc123

Valued Member
Reaction score
We bought a sunsun filter from China because it is cheap, particularly the CBF-350. During the first few months of installation it is very effective, murky water became crystal clear. Also it has a UV that kills algae. I am just concerned with the longevity and reliability when it gets old, is it at par with the Western brands? I wonder if people bought sunsun filters out there.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
claytonktyu said:
We bought a sunsun filter from China because it is cheap, particularly the CBF-350. During the first few months of installation it is very effective, murky water became crystal clear. Also it has a UV that kills algae. I am just concerned with the longevity and reliability when it gets old, is it at par with the Western brands? I wonder if people bought sunsun filters out there.
Most western brands are manifactured in China as well (including Eheim)

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sunsun's are a good filter. I'm breaking down my fish room now, but at one point I was running 50 of them. I still have 16- 304b's running that are all 2 1/2 to 3 years old and still running strong. The only problem I've had is that some of the filter baskets start to deteriorate next to the uv light, so I turned off the uv and the problem stopped.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've heard good things and bad things about them. Most complaints I've heard that the clips that hold the system down are cheap and can break easily if you don't treat them with kid gloves.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom