so, ok

cichlidmac

My jebao just showed up.
uploadfromtaptalk1363043870946.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363044055968.jpg

AnthonyC4C

Very Nice!

cichlidmac

The plastic intake and output pieces are very very cheap other than that its quiet and has a ton of media space and only 20 Watts.

Jonez

I got my 302 about 3 weeks ago for $52 - free shipping -- no extra media though, just the standard filter floss.
I had a full bag of established bioballs that I added, as well as purchased a package of Marineland rite size filter foam which fits perfectly int he media trays. I also bought a 6 pack of pot scrubbers at the dollar tree to top it off. Bottom tray holds marineland coarse foam, middle tray holds bioballs, crushed coral and carbon with a thin layer of filter floss to hold the media in place, top tray holds filter floss and scrubbers.

I need to do an actual GPH test with all that media in it, but just from running it for 3 weeks on my 40T its still going super strong -- creates quite the current, and I have yet to clean it.

The plastic intake and output pieces are very very cheap other than that its quiet and has a ton of media space and only 20 Watts.

Agreed completely. Don't screw around with the intake and outake "discrentness" (lol), they are pretty flimsy.
One could easilt DIY some new pieces out of cpvc. Might be my next DIY project.

CatfishJack

I didn't find the plastic bits that came with my sunsun anywhere near as flimsy as people make them sound.

Jonez

I didn't find the plastic bits that came with my sunsun anywhere near as flimsy as people make them sound.

If I can squish them with my index finger and thumb, I deem it flimsy. The not-so-careful aquariust could be more prone to breaking or snapping components while trying to fit pieces together or take them apart.

CatfishJack

If I can squish them with my index finger and thumb, I deem it flimsy. The not-so-careful aquariust could be more prone to breaking or snapping components while trying to fit pieces together or take them apart.

Hmmmm. Mine aren't squishy. Sure there is a little give but not unlike the hard plastic tubes on my other filters.

cichlidmac

Well mine is on a riparium so the spray bar wouldn't work under water level so I had to put in straight up and down. I also had to fill the canister with water because the primer doesn't work with the low water level. Its a great canister for the price I just wish I was better prepared for the plastic garbage. I'll have to make my own.

Jonez

Well mine is on a riparium so the spray bar wouldn't work under water level so I had to put in straight up and down. I also had to fill the canister with water because the primer doesn't work with the low water level. Its a great canister for the price I just wish I was better prepared for the plastic garbage. I'll have to make my own.

Made this for my Magnum HOT 250 -- thinking of something similar for the SunSun once I get my 55 Acrylic up and running.

IMAGE00127.jpg

AnthonyC4C

Does it spin when water is spewing out of it ?

Jonez

Yes and goes Wurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

tocandesu

I'm sure it is the same thing. Much like Asus brand computer products can be found with names such as HP and Gateway on them.
no gateway is acer...

CatfishJack

no gateway is acer...

IIRC that is more like how HP=compaq

I believe some aver computers still come with Foxconn and Asus parts in them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
heybrittany
Replies
Views
WillR1496
Replies
Views
MichiganMichael
Replies
Views