Sunset Wag Platy

Discussion in 'Platy' started by gr8tful1, Aug 3, 2015.

1. gr8tful1Valued MemberMember

We have a 30G tank with 8 Harlequin rasboras, 9 ember tetras, 10 cardinal tetras and 6 dwarf corys. All are doing great except the platy that we just added on Saturday. He was doing fine but is now hanging at the top gulping air. Water parameters tested at

0 ammo
    0 nitrites
    0-5.0 nitrates

Any ideas how to help the little guy?

2. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

My platy took quite a long time to get acclimated to my tank as well. He stayed up in the top corner for several days. I really didn't think he would make it. He's better now. Keep an eye on him

3. CatahoolaValued MemberMember

I got a Sunset Wag platy last Saturday as well, and mine seems rather shy still. It will come out at times but will dart back into hiding quite often. Mine seems to be scared of my (peaceful and friendly) gouramis which are 2.5"-3.5", but most of your fish are pretty small.

4. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Platies seem to take a few days to feel comfortable enough to roam around, most of mine did this as well. When you say gulping air, is this a frequent thing or just every so often?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice