Sunburst wag platy fry!!

1. llgarfield90 Initiate Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We did not purposely breed our fish, it just happened, and has continued happening! In this tank are 28+ sunburst wag platy fry. Ranging from biggest somewhere over a month old to a few random 2 week old. I don't know if they are all from the same mom, we have two female sunburst wags, at least the one was clearly pregnant when we got her. Either the smaller fry are from the other female, or maybe she just chose to release them at different times, I know they can split up the baby batches depending on the stress. And like I said, this was an accident and not something I knew much about, so it is possible I may have stressed her out during the process. I just saw a tiny orange thing at the top of the tank by the filter one day, and that same day found a few more, a couple days later I was actually able to witness her giving birth to about 15 more, and then weeks later found a handful more. Scooped them out and put them in a breeder net so they wouldn't get eaten, because I have a feeling a lot did. Did not put mommy in a breeder net. When this happened we were only at a 10 gallon tank with only the two wags. Lots of tall live plants played a big role in the survival of these babies I think! And the fact that I watch my tank like its Netflix! Attention and observation is key! Look at me talking like I know it all and I'm just a beginner lol. But in the short time we have had our fish, they've taught us quite a bit. Here is the mama
    [​IMG]
    I'm so excited to watch these babies grow up!!

2. Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

Congratulations !
    They will breed like rabbits.

3. llgarfield90 Initiate Member

Thanks! I hope they won't continue to have babies for long, they are both female!