sumps and tanks

240gordy

Reaction score
Hi I'm setting up a 250 gallon tank, paired with a 150 gal. refugium. I have it all set up but I am stuck with one really annoying problem, I can't get a stable water line. It keeps rising or lowering no matter what I do. It's not using gravity regretibly it just won't work with my setup. I have two huge pumps, pumping from the main tank to the refugium, then 4 pumps pumping from refugium to main tank. I have cut off valves on all bulk heads so I originally just tried to slightly open or close one of them to equal out the gph being pumped. The slightest turn on it would just start the tank to fill or drain. so I tried to put a different cut off valve, one that required a lot more turn in order to close the valve, thus allowing there to be more sensitive turns and that did not work. So if anyone has run into similar situations give me some suggestions. thanks for the help

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW! Your refugium is as big as the main tank I want! I'm jealous. Could it be because you have more pumps going one way than you do the other or do the all equal the same GPH going back and forth?

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Were you ever able to stabilize your water line?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom