Sump advice

Deefish1

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello fishlore,

I have built a 10 gallon sump for my 22 gallon aquarium. I used a 10 gallon aquarium for my sump build. I'm looking for a protein skimmer that will fit in my sump. The inlet water has a baffle at 6 inches and this is where I'd like the skimmer. My water level is 8 inches. Any ideas of a skimmer for this

Thanks in advanced

navarro1950

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is your tank Saltwater or Freshwater ? Freshwater tanks don't usually have slimmers whereas Saltwater tanks do.

Makena95'GT

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
navarro1950 said:
Is your tank Saltwater or Freshwater ? Freshwater tanks don't usually have slimmers whereas Saltwater tanks do.
Considering were in the salty part of the forum.. I'll guess its a Saltwater lol

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I have moved the thread to the Protein Skimmer section of the forum. If this does turn out to be a freshwater aquarium, I'll move the thread again. Thread was originally in the Saltwater/Sump section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

Slug

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Total footprint of the skimmer will be needed like stated above, however to begin you might look at something like the Tunze 9001. The 9001 is the new version of the 9002 which has been discontinued however if you can find a remaining 9002 you might look at that as well.

OP
D

Deefish1

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have no idea what footprint means. It's a standard 10 gallon aquarium. I have a baffle at five inches.

New Threads