Summer Wave pools as indoor ponds?

JimSinclair

These rectangular and hexagonal pools are on sale at my local Aldi: Summer Waves Inflatable Rectangle or Hexagon Pool | ALDI US

Does anyone have experience using pools like this as indoor (basement) goldfish ponds? How do they hold up in terms of longevity? Again, this would be indoors, in the basement, not exposed to the elements and wild temperature changes outdoors.

Also, how do you calculate how many gallons a hexagonal pool would hold?

BigManAquatics

Not sure i would do inflatable pools myself. Seems like a mess waiting to happen if they pop!

MelkorTheVile

Those are not all that well made usually. Take a look at stock tanks. I have also seen indoor soft sided ponds set up with rods(these are made to be used as ponds).

JimSinclair

Yes, I have a metal frame pool already set up in the basement, and it still seems to be holding up okay after about 5 years.
And I bought a couple of used IBC tanks from an aquarium store that was going out of business. I've got one of those already set up with fish. The other one has a bent rod in the metal cage thing, possibly from being banged during transport to my house, and I don't know how to straighten it without risking breaking it.

BPSabelhaus

Like that, no. But the hard sided wading pools I have used indoors, as well as storage totes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JimSinclair
Replies
Views
Flowergarden129
Replies
Views
alauruin
Replies
Views