summer pond

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is my summer pond, not need deep enough for over winter. Previous house owners made a pond out of concrete over chain link fence. Didn't want to smash and tear it all up so working with what I have.

This is how it looked 2 years ago. I wasn't happy with the waterfall so decided to overhaul it.

324.jpg

This is how she sits now.

326.jpg

325.jpg

shirlsnipes

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
that looks good i ahve a small pond it stays green most of the time have some very old goldfish in there i think some maybe older than my kids

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We had a goldie make it to 15 years!! He died last fall...but he did leave us with several generations of kids!!!!

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a proper filter this year and plan to get some lillies so it should help with the green a bit. The pond gets a lot of sun every day and less than 2ft and wide so just asking for algae. I get rid of my goldies in the fall and buy a new crop of feeders in the spring. Someone with a pond always shows up to get them.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine will be going soon. Nice fantails, I let each of the grandkids pick one for us to keep. Lucky me!!! only 2 grandkids!!!!!!!!!!!!!..and I can swap them out now and then to keep my stocking low.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
??? my pond goes thru a greening every spring for about 3 weeks....as the filter bacteria gets up to speed (once the water temp gets to around 50 F ). Now is crystal clear...you may need to up the filtering.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've been battling it since I started the pond, I'm hoping the lily pads will help and a proper filter. We will see how it goes, when it's less than 2ft and a lot of surface area I'm fighting a loosing battle.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They will help...also my pond is not in direct sun for very long each day, also have lilies and a large beech tree shading it 50%.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here she is with the water flowing, current stock is 1 common goldie, 1 fantail 1 redcap oranda, and 3 koi to come. Before anyone jumps on me for keeping koi in a small pond they are 3.5"-4" and will be sold to someone with a larger pond come fall. The pond is 10ftX6ftX2ft so at there current size they will not be cramped. Will add pictures of the fish when they aren't so shy.

496.jpg

493.jpg

492.jpg

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Added a water lilly today, pictures to follow once it spreads out a bit. The pads are overlapping due to being in the nursery bin.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom