Summer Experiment:large Cinder Block Breeding Pond

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
i am thinking about building pond 2m by 1m by 80 cm for breeding guppies,betta fish,cherry shrimp,corydoras and ancistrus this summer .it will be heavy planted with water lilys,hornwort and other pond plants. it will have large sponge on the back of it which i will rinse off every day as mehanical media,i will put a lot of gravel as biological media.and in summer temperatures are about 30 celsius so i think it will put water in about 24 celsius.i plan on selling fish and plants to lfs when summer is over

and to maybe put fantail goldfish but i m not too sure

pond will be made like in the video of paul cuffaro

Hey so i wanted to ask about stocking coldwater 500g pond made of cinder blocks,heavy planted with purpose of breeding fish for selling.My question is which species i can breed together in same pond (with fan tail goldfish and oranda goldfish preferable)

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, if you’re going for fish the same size of the Oranda and fantail, you’d need slower swimmers like them. Other popular fish like the danios might be ok. Depends mostly on how many goldfish you plan of having in that five hundred gallon at one time. And then you have to have a ready market for the bbs. My market disappeared and now I’m stuck with an overload of sarassa comets. Keep us posted on what you decide. I’m very interested.

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 2 lfs but if they dont want them i will put them on sale on facebook.and i dont plan putting like hundreds of goldfish maybe 3-6 just to be sure i have females and males and i wanted fish tha is smaller than fantail but i think zebra danio wont survive the winter maybe mountain clod minnows or something

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
matija said:
I have 2 lfs but if they dont want them i will put them on sale on facebook.and i dont plan putting like hundreds of goldfish maybe 3-6 just to be sure i have females and males and i wanted fish tha is smaller than fantail but i think zebra danio wont survive the winter maybe mountain clod minnows or something
I love WCMM! I currently have 5 golds. You have so many choices! I’m excited for you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom