Sulawesi Starry Night Shrimp

D_C_1

I saw some of these shrimp in an LFS yesterday and couldn't find much info on them. Does anyone have any info on them like their water parameters etc?
Thanks!

DiTrolioDude

Aah! Sulawesi!

Ive heard about many creatures that come from there waters! They all have a very specific water requirment:

KH- 2
pH- 8
Temperature- 28 C - 82 F

These must be exact or it could endanger the lives of the inhabitants!

I'm not an expierenced SulawesI shrimp keeper so I wouldnt know any more. This is just what i've picked up throught the trade!

MzMolly65

That's a link to my favorite shrimp info site. They mention SulawesI but they don't talk about Starry Night Shrimp ... hmmm???

D_C_1

Still helpful
I often use planetinverts as well but it wasn't much help for me on this, still a good link though. I keep seeing the name "White Orchid Shrimp" when I search for them so I think that's another name for them. Probably why I haven't found as much searching "SulawesI Starry Night Shrimp".
Thanks for the replies!

Alpha Pro Breeders

That's a link to my favorite shrimp info site. They mention SulawesI but they don't talk about Starry Night Shrimp ... hmmm???
Starry night is just a new name that has popped up for White Orchids.
That's my favorite site also!
Ron McGee
Planet Inverts

MzMolly65

HI Ron ... you're the person I've been emailing about Blue Tiger Shrimp!!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some but I'm going to wait for warmer weather. It's still -10C here and I don't think it's a good idea for me to ship them when it's this cold.

Anyway .. sorry to hijack the thread just got excited when I saw you here LOL!

Alpha Pro Breeders

HI Ron ... you're the person I've been emailing about Blue Tiger Shrimp!!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some but I'm going to wait for warmer weather. It's still -10C here and I don't think it's a good idea for me to ship them when it's this cold.

Anyway .. sorry to hijack the thread just got excited when I saw you here LOL!

I just found this site, looks like a good one. I would wait until you at least in the 40's, with customs express shipping is usually 3 - 7 days. I use cryopaks that keep the package at 72 but extreme temperatures it can only do so much.
I also use heat packs in cold weather, but after 3 or 4 days their not doing much.
Ron McGee
Planet Inverts

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MossMark
Replies
Views
airdog44
Replies
Views
Rocketgal