Suicidal Fish????

xuekeeper

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
OMG, I just had a fish commit suicide. I have never seen or heard of such a thing. There he was swimming along, rounded the rock on the bottom, headed toward the top of the tank, made a sharp "U" turn and swam as fast as he could straight down slamming into the bottom of the tank. What would make a fish do that?

Water parameters were just fine and all other fish seem content to live, it was just the one guppy. Should I prep myself for future self inflicted injuries and or deaths?

How odd. :'(???

xuekeeper

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HaHa, chuckle, chuckle.....

Could be, there is no telling who or what those sneaking terrorist have influenced. LOL

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
could be a combo of salt, or the use of stability.... the stability could be giving you false readings...stability is a type of product that cant sustain a cycle and needs to be added for the life of the tank to hold ...and fresh water fish dont care for salt and it might be too much stress on them

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maybe its trying to escape! I swear, no one ever believes me! These fish are trying to get away D:!
Welcome to FishLore! Sorry your having fishy problems.

Fish will swim erratically and even jump out of water that is uncomfortable for them. Shawnies suggestions are valid ones.
Carol

xuekeeper

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I guess I'll have to keep an eye on any odd behavior. Who knew?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom