suggestions?

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a 20 gallon tank, cycled, that currenty houses 6 tiger barbs and 6 zebra danios. I want to put in some form of algae eater, and am thinking perhaps a bristlenose or 2? However, I am thinking that that is going to be pushing the tank's capacity based on the adult size of all the fish involved. To those that have been at this awhile, what do you think? Go for it and just monitor the water, or are there different algae eaters that might put less of a load on the tank? Algae has not been a major problem yet, but I do see signs of it when I am cleaning, such as green film growing on the light "lens" portion of the tank cover, and I want to stay ahead of it.

Sean

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if u put any more fish u will be overstocked. however if u had a bigger tank i would have suggested some cory cats, they grow up to 2.5 inches and they r excellent algae eaters, they will look wonderful with danios and barbs, they r schooling fish too, u have to keep at least 6 cories in one tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One bristlenose won't take you over your limit and will take care of algae as well as any dropped food. They still have to be fed
Carol

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sounds good....thanks!

Sean

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom