Suggestions on stocking a 15 g. Fluval Flex?

Vivo

Just got a 15 gal. Fluval Flex for my BD. I am totally open to stocking ideas. I was thinking I'd like cory cats if you could include that and a number would be much appreciated!

FishBoy101

Just got a 15 gal. Fluval Flex for my BD. I am totally open to stocking ideas. I was thinking I'd like cory cats if you could include that and a number would be much appreciated!
6 pygmy corydoras.
6 neon tetra.

Common, but a very nice set-up.

Upvote 0

Vivo

6 pygmy corydoras.
6 neon tetra.

Common, but a very nice set-up.
I have 7 neons I could put in there. Is it big enough for them to swim around? Is there a fish that swims in all layers of the column that would work with cory's? Do cory's have a heavy bio load?

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

I have 7 neons I could put in there. Is it big enough for them to swim around? Is there a fish that swims in all layers of the column that would work with cory's? Do cory's have a heavy bio load?
My corys don't have a heavy bio-load, but they are catfish. That would work I feel.

Upvote 0

Cole23

Most people on here say no to putting neons in a 10 gallon because it doesn’t offer enough horizontal swimming space, and a Fluval Flex is less wide than a standard 10 gallon so I feel most people on here would advise against it. I have had my Fluval Flex 15 gallon set up for about 3 months, and I have 6 male guppies in there with some snails and shrimp. The guppies swim in ever layer and section of my tank, they’re quite fun to watch. If you did get guppies I think everyone would tell you to just get males so they don’t breed and overstock you’re tank, plus males are much prettier. I’m not sure about the number of guppies and cories you could have, someone on here will no better than myself. If you do get cories, I think the only species suitable for the Flex would be pygmy cories possibly another dwarf species, but I think pygmies are the smallest. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Vivo

Most people on here say no to putting neons in a 10 gallon because it doesn’t offer enough horizontal swimming space, and a Fluval Flex is less wide than a standard 10 gallon so I feel most people on here would advise against it. I have had my Fluval Flex 15 gallon set up for about 3 months, and I have 6 male guppies in there with some snails and shrimp. The guppies swim in ever layer and section of my tank, they’re quite fun to watch. If you did get guppies I think everyone would tell you to just get males so they don’t breed and overstock you’re tank, plus males are much prettier. I’m not sure about the number of guppies and cories you could have, someone on here will no better than myself. If you do get cories, I think the only species suitable for the Flex would be pygmy cories possibly another dwarf species, but I think pygmies are the smallest. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Don’t guppies eat their own fry?

Upvote 0

Cole23

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Don’t guppies eat their own fry?

Yes I believe they do. But for instance when I first added my male guppies to my Flex I ordered 10 male guppies from AquaHuna with the intention of keeping 6 and giving 4 of them to a friend of my wife’s. But Aqua Huna accidentally sent me 9 males and 1 pregnant female, she was in my tank for 24 hours and in that time she had 11 fry. I have filter guards on and I only have 3 fake plants and all 11 fry survived for weeks before I could get them out and give them to someone. So hypothetically yes guppies eat there fry but you can’t necessarily depend on that for your tank to not become overstocked. So I’m not sure if the Flex is big enough to have males and females, someone else might be able to offer advice on that. But my males have large tails, they’re super colorful, and really active. I really enjoy watching them, and they swim all over the tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction