Suggestions On Sterilizer Install

H2O Concierge

I found a Coralife Turbotwist 12x 36 watt sterilizer in a thrift store and was going to install it on my 125g freshwater tank. I don't have sump so I was thinking about using it inline with one of canisters. Currently on the tank I have an EheI'm 2275 & a 2078. I am leaning towards putting it on the output of the 2275. Advicde from anyone who has put this sterilizer on a canister. (Hose adapters...installation setups). Pics are always encouraged. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Skavatar

this might be helpful

H2O Concierge

Skavatar said:
this might be helpful
Thanks for the link. It was one I had not seen. During my research a lot of the mystery has been removed. It just makes more sense to put in line with my 2275 vs using a separate pump and piping. I am curious to see if someone else has used this sterilizer with a 2275.

Islandvic

How has the sterilizer and the Eheim's been doing ?

H2O Concierge

Islandvic said:
How has the sterilizer and the Eheim's been doing ?
Thanks Islandvic the interest. I installed it inline on the 2075 output, I also have a 2078 and a Tidal 110 on the 125g. I leave the UV on 24/7 but probably don't need to. The water is clear and don't find the need to clean even the front glass. I did buy a new bulb. I did need to use some silicone to prevent a small drip on the UV output. I just wish it would take care of my MT snail problem ( a problem that I created). I am growing out some Clown loaches in the 46g which will take care of that.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom