Suggestions on new addition?

Deepdownunder

Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon freshwater aquarium that has been up and running with fish for about two months....i first put in three red tetras, then a couple weeks later added 4 cory catfish....now I would like a "centerpiece" if you will....maybe one or two really colorful fish that would do well with the others....any ideas?

Also....would a school of neon tetras do well with the red tetras?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've never heard of "red tetras." Do you mean serpae tetras? A good centerpeice would be dwarf gouramis or angelfishes but angelfishes would consider neon tetras lunch.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
did u mean red eye tetra? red eye tetras r very peaceful. u should keep 5 of them in a tank. neon tetras r also peaceful but keep at least 6 of them in a tank to avoid fin nipping.

Deepdownunder

Reaction score
Stradius011 said:
I've never heard of "red tetras." Do you mean serpae tetras? A good centerpeice would be dwarf gouramis or angelfishes but angelfishes would consider neon tetras lunch.
Yea I mean Serpae Tetras...it's just that everytime i say that people always call them red tetras, so I've just grown used to calling them that....

So would angelfish be ok with the Serpae Tetras? Would either of them nip at each other?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom