Suggestions On How To Make Tank Better

Cole101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here’s my first attempt at aquascapinng a tank. Still need the carpet to grow out but would love some suggestions on how to make it better!

Image1524821958.080377.jpg

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it was me, I'd just stick with one type of rock - either one on the left, or the two on the right... doung so will create unity in the scape, and you cpuld fill in the gap by using driftwood - once again, stick to one type.

If possible, I would suggest getting an external filter (like a canister or HOB. This will allow more room in tue tank for scape, as well as swimming space.

I'd also fill up the aquarium a little more.... looks a bit empty!

But in saying that, its very good. Once you trim your plants, it would look even better IMO.

Cole101

Valued Member
Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
If it was me, I'd just stick with one type of rock - either one on the left, or the two on the right... doung so will create unity in the scape, and you cpuld fill in the gap by using driftwood - once again, stick to one type.

If possible, I would suggest getting an external filter (like a canister or HOB. This will allow more room in tue tank for scape, as well as swimming space.

I'd also fill up the aquarium a little more.... looks a bit empty!

But in saying that, its very good. Once you trim your plants, it would look even better IMO.
Thanks for the advice! My only question is about trimming the plants. What would be a good tool to use. I see alot of people have those curved scissors if i dont have those what might be a good tool to use? Thanks for the help!

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I also like the idea and also look of driftwood and I think it would go well with either of your pants

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cole101 said:
Thanks for the advice! My only question is about trimming the plants. What would be a good tool to use. I see alot of people have those curved scissors if i dont have those what might be a good tool to use? Thanks for the help!
Having them, they are amazing tools and make trimming easy. I use to use some normal everyday scissors, and switching over to the aquascaping scissors.... they make my life easier...
Katarina said:
I also like the idea and also look of driftwood and I think it would go well with either of your pants
Haha, Im sorry. But this typo is gold! Idk why I found it soo funny!

Cole101

Valued Member
Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
Having them, they are amazing tools and make trimming easy. I use to use some normal everyday scissors, and switching over to the aquascaping scissors.... they make my life easier...Haha, Im sorry. But this typo is gold! Idk why I found it soo funny!
Heading to the fish store now anyways will see if they have them thanks for the heads up. Never noticed the typo gave me a good chuckle.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aussieJJDude said:
Having them, they are amazing tools and make trimming easy. I use to use some normal everyday scissors, and switching over to the aquascaping scissors.... they make my life easier...Haha, Im sorry. But this typo is gold! Idk why I found it soo funny!
Haaaaaaaaaaaahaha I dont even know why I tried to write 'plants' in a first place I mean t rocks haha. Well some might be taking fish keeping to a new level by fitting outfits, who am I to judge :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Cole101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Quick update All the ammonia nitrites and nitrates are down and safe so we went to the store to get the shrimp! Got 8 rcs one died on its 10 minute voyage home -.- but on the bright side we found a stowaway baby! Thanks for all your guys help!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom