Suggestions needed...

hjkaga

Reaction score
I am setting up a 29 gal tank in the near future. I was planning on putting my 6 zebra danios, 1 blue red stripe danio, 1 leopard danio, 2 white clouds, and my 2 corys (plus adding 4 more) in the tank. I was thinking of adding 2 angelfish, but I'm not sure now. I am looking through what kind of options I have in what I can put in there. I want to make sure I definately want what I get.

So what would go good in a 29 gal tank with 8 danios, 2 white clouds, and 6 corys?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The angels would look really good in that size tank, it also has plenty of depth for them.
Now research middle water fish and put a school of them in and all levels of your tank will have activity.
Carol

hjkaga

Reaction score
where can i find out what fish swim in the middle? i don't know of any good sites.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You should get more of the white clouds, they like schooling together. Go to freshwater fish profiles at fishlore. They have info on almost every fish and has a chart about each fish. It shows their tank regions and minimum tank size for each fish.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Google you can find out a lot too, though whiteclouds are coldwater fish.

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
i found the fish profiles on here, thanks. I have decided the tank will start with a total of 8 danios, 6 white clouds and 6 corys.

I want to and something else to the tank then. Just still not sure what to add. Here is a list of fish I like, let me know if you think any of these will work....

4 silver dollars
2 angelfish
6 cherry barbs
6 harlequin rasboras
6 tiger barbs
6 serpae tetras
6 platies

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Silve dollars get to big
angels don't have room for
cherry barbs don't have room for
harlequin rasboras have room for if you have a good filter and do your water changes
tiger barbs will nip your fish and don't have room for
serpae tetras don't know
platies yes but add them slowly start with3-4.

atm

Get the tank and transfer fish first and get it well established before adding more fish than what you have.

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
the white clouds are already swimming with the danios in a shoal or school, whatever u call it....so I don't think I will be adding more white clouds. I am now thinking of having a tank that consists of:

8 danios
2 white clouds
6 cory
6 platies
6 guppies (probably all male)

what do you think?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm thinking overstocked.

danios=2-2.5"=20" minimum
white clouds-2" i think=4"
6 corys-depending on type anywhere from 1.5-4" each
platies I think 2" each
guppies male-6" each

overstocked how bout

8 danios
2 white clouds
3 guppies
3 platties

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
the corys i have are only 1.5 inches. I am going to get the same kind so they are all going to be small

you said guppys are 6" each???? did you mean 1 inch each so their is total 6 inch with 6 of them???

will guppies and platies do ok in smaller groups?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I meant 6" in total. how long have you had your cories, they may or may not be full grown. Ya guppies I know do ok in smaller groups and I'm assuming platies do to, just keep all males.

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
i have only had them for around 6 months or so, i think, one is bigger than the other. they haven't really grown much at all since i got them.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say they are full grown then, and if they all look the same that's good. What do you currently have now again? Which fish are you dead set on getting and which could you live withouth?

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
currently i have 8 danios, 2 white clouds, 2 corys

i am not dead set on getting anything particular....so i am pretty open to ideas of what to add. i do want to add more color to the tank though. I had thought about just adding 2 angelfish to what I have, but I don't know. Like I said, im pretty open to ideas.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think you should get 3 corys and 4 more guppies. The guppies will bring color to your tank and the corys will inhabit the bottom of your tank.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya stradius is right, final stock something like this:
1 angel
8 danios
2 white clouds
4 cories
3 guppies

It would be better not to have the angel but if you do your water changes and buy a good filter you could manage it.

atm

hjkaga

Reaction score
that sounds good to me. thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom